Are you sure want to logout from the system?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Exploring the Foundations: a first look at the NM Early Learning Guidelines and The Authentic Observations Documentation Curriculum Planning process. This module is designed for individuals new to working with the Early Learning Guidelines and/or new to authentic observation and documentation. Content will include an introduction to the terms and definitions used in the New Mexico Early Learning Guidelines, the history of the ELG, and an overview of the Foundational Principles. Participants will practice using observation as a tool for documentation, curriculum planning, and communicating with families.
2 hours (NM Competencies: 3. 0.5 hr, 4. 0.5 hr, 5. 0.5 hr, 6. 0.5 hr)
– Required for 1st year NM PreK Teachers (Equivalent to NM PreK New Teacher Training when you have completed Early Learning Series: How Children Learn Through Play, Early Learning Series: Foundations of the ELG and AODCP, Early Learning Series: Putting It Into Practice, and Early Learning Series: Weaving It All Together)
– Recommended for FOCUS Administrators and Educators
3. Family and Community Collaboration: 0.5 hr
4. Developmentally Appropriate Content 0.5 hr
5. Learning Environments & Curriculum Implementation 0.5 hr
6. Assessment of Children & Programs 0.5 hr
Achievement Based Objectives (ABOs):
ABO 1: By the end of this training, you will have defined terms and vocabulary from the Early Learning Guidelines that were unfamiliar.
ABO 2: By the end of this training, you will have written observations using objective language.
ABO 3: By the end of this training, you will have used observation and documentation tools for planning next steps.
ABO 4: By the end of this training, you will have named strength based strategies for sharing information with families.
HOURS: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday